Collaboration


After speaking to a number of photographers and deciding on a zine as the preferred format for displaying my images, I decided that I would like to collaborate with others to ensure the zine was as professional as possible.

A graphic designer based in Levenshulme got in touch with me to offer services in designing the layout, and I approached an illustrator at Levenshulme Market about producing illustrations to be included.  I am pleased that the collaborators also have connections to Levenshulme as the zine will demonstrate local talent and innovation.

Graphic Designer: Sara Nilsson
Illustrator: Peter Swain






I had a meeting with Peter, in which we discussed ideas for the zine and I followed this up with my own thoughts;






So there are decisions to be made...

  • Size of zine (I currently think A6 would work well to give enough detail in the images but also to create something that people would pick up)
  • Number of pages
  • Orientation
  • Title
  • What work to include