Exhibition Work # 2

Continuing work on images for exhibition - the prints have been eroded by activity in Levenshulme high street. 





I also decided to scan the backs of the images as there was something I really liked about the physicality of the work - the marks and ephemera left by people who would never know that their footprints had been immortalised.







I feel that the marks are contextualised - the people of Levenshulme hurry up and down the high street every day, and this is demonstrated by the marks on the images. The community in Levenshulme is being gradually eroded by the loss of the traditional high street and this erosion and loss is shown in the partial destruction of the images.

This is something that I would like to explore further - leaving images in the high street for longer to create much more damage to the images. I would also like to place my images within some of the shops so that they are trodden on by customers. In particular, there is a butchers that has been owned by Monica Johnson for 28 years, and traded even before that (my  mother and grandmother recall shopping there) and I would really like to focus on this shop to show that these more traditional businesses are still in demand.