Levenshulme # 3

A shoot to capture anything that caught my eye on the high street.

Several themes emerged, including the ongoing 'shop fronts', but I was also drawn to small areas of interest such as graffiti and handwritten signs.




I decided to crop the images into a square format to retain the aesthetic consistency between my images.


 
Shops, including the recently torched Cha Cha's







Capturing the detail and busy aesthetic of the high street





Some of the many spaces for sale or to let along the high street



Signs along the street


Following a crit, it was suggested that the simpler images worked well as they provided a strong graphic aesthetic. I set out to photograph more of these views in preparation for the forthcoming exhibition.


MA EXHIBITION:

The World According to MAs
Self Made Gallery, Northern Quarter
31.01.13 (private view) - 17.02.13